Advantage Behavioral Health (ABHS) is delighted to announce its recently formed Advisory Board which includes distinguished healthcare industry leaders and experts whose focus will be to shape and guide the strategies of ABHS and its business units, Victory Bay Recovery Center and Harmony Bay Wellness. The Advisory board meets regularly with ABHS ownership.
Assemblyman, NJ General Assembly
Lou Greenwald has served in the New Jersey General Assembly since 1996. He represents the 6th Legislative District and is the Assembly Majority Leader since 2012. Lou also served on the Appropriations Committee, the Joint Budget Oversight Committee, and as Chair of the Budget Committee. He is a member of the Camden County Bar Association, the Camden County Democratic Committee, and the Camden County Traffic Safety Task Force Committee. Additional accomplishments and positions include:
- Chief Executive Officer, Transformative Solutions, 2014-Present
- New Jersey Elected Official of the Year award, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Consortium
- Standing Ovation Award, South Jersey Cultural Alliance
- Legislator of the Year Award, Southern New Jersey Chamber of Commerce
Education and Licensure:
- A. in Political Science from Moravian College, 1989
- D. Seton Hall University School of Law, 1992
President & CEO, Advocacy and Management Group (Lobbyist)
AJ Sabath is the co-founder of Advocacy and Management Group (AMG) and has spent over 20 years working in government and politics in New Jersey. During his time in New Jersey, he has built many strong relationships with key government decision makers. AJ has served as the Chief of staff to the Senate President, Commissioner of the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development and has held various senior staff positions in the General Assembly and State Senate. AJ has also worked as a Public Affairs Director for the MWW Group prior to his service in state government. Additional accomplishments include:
- Served as the New Jersey State Co-Director for the Kerry-Edwards Presidential Campaign.
- Ran the New Jersey Senate Democratic Campaigns in 2003 and 2007.
- Three-time member of the Politics NJ power list of New Jersey’s 100 most politically influential personalities.
- Represented the World Sikh Council, the Constitutional Monarchy Movement of Iraq and the Puerto Rico Statehood Movement.
Education and Licensure:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work from Ramapo College of New Jersey
Shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman and Spitzer, P.A.
Alyson Leone is a shareholder in the Health Law and Corporate teams at Wilentz, Goldman and Spitzer, P.A. She represents a wide variety of clients in medical practices and advises clients in corporate transactional matters. Alyson also focuses on general corporate law including, negotiating and drafting contracts, ownership and asset sales acquisitions, formation and structure of business entities, and general corporate counseling. She has been praised by her clients for her strong attention to detail and her ability to negotiate effectively. Some of her accomplishments include:
- Recognized as “Star” Lawyer by Acritas Stars, a database of over 10,000 client-nominated stand-out lawyers in private practice.
- Named a Leader in Healthcare by Chambers S.A: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business Since 2015
- Author of “Term and Termination Provisions”, AHLA Managed Care Handbook “Physician/Hospital Relationships,” AHLA Representing Physicians Handbook: and “How State Law Issues May Affect Accountable Care Organizations,” AHLA ACO Handbook.
- Named in Best Lawyers in America in Health Care Law since 2014
Education and Licensure
- D., Seton Hall University School of Law, Cum Laude, 2003
- S., State University of New York at Binghamton, 2000
Chief Marketing Officer at Jornaya
Rich Smith is Chief Marketing Officer at Jornaya and an award-winning marketing executive based in Philadelphia. Rich specializes in helping companies differentiate and grow their businesses in the most competitive market segments. He has been the successful CMO of four major companies over the past 15 years, with a 25+ year history of building profitable companies in the healthcare, insurance, and financial services industries. Accomplishments include:
- As Partner & CMO with Chief Outsiders, developed and implemented the growth strategy to successfully launch three Behavioral Health companies
- At Recovery Centers of America, grew annualized revenue while building the marketing team, brand positioning, and marketing & sales integration during a period of opening 6 inpatient and 7 outpatient Substance Use Disorder treatment facilities.
- While CMO of Ditech, grew loan generation from $0 pipeline to $25 billion per year and achieved #3 ranking by JD Power amongst Mortgage Originators.
- CMO of AIG Bank for 7 years, including the time of the financial crisis, wrote and implemented a new go-to-market strategy, transforming the banks’ business and meeting the reputational challenges to successfully return the bank to profitability within 18 months and rehabilitate the AIG Brand.
Education and Licensure:
- MBA, Lerner School of Business and Economics, University of Delaware Executive Program
- BS in Economics from Penn State University
- Associate Personal Insurance, American Institute of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters and the Insurance Institute of America
Jim Angle, FACHE, MSW, MS, LNHA
Co-founder & CEO, DCCS Management Services & Acquisitions and DCCS Telemedicine Physician Network
Jim Angle is a results-oriented healthcare executive with a continuous track record of success working as a CEO of for-profit and not-for-profit health systems, as well as a national healthcare management services & acquisitions company. Leadership experience in strategy & governance, financial and clinical operations, organizational performance improvement, behavioral health systems, medical staff relations, and network development. He is a strong communicator with the ability to organize and lead high-performing teams driven to execute on value-based business strategies and objectives. Jim’s experience and expertise include:
- Founder & CEO of DCCS Management Services & Acquisitions
- 9 years of Hospital & Health System CEO Leadership
- Business Acumen in For-Profit and Not-for-Profit Environments
- Behavioral Health Systems – Subject Matter Expert
- DCCS Telemedicine Physician Network Founding Member and Specialty Expert
Education and Licensure
- Master of Science, Health Systems Administration
- Master of Social Work, Administration
- Fellow in the American College of Healthcare Executives – FACHE
New Jersey Licensed Nursing Home Administrator – LNHA
Strategy and Development
Scott is the Founder and Managing Member of Sidecar Group, an advisory company focused on assisting companies execute on strategic objectives. Scott is a recognized in the healthcare industry for his market knowledge, strong relationship building skills, and sophisticated deal-making abilities. Over his 20 years in healthcare, Scott is known, by industry leaders, private equity firms, and investors, as a leader in execution of strategy and development in many areas of healthcare including: behavioral health, diagnostic imaging; pain management; chiropractic care; health systems; revenue cycle management; biomedical maintenance; hospital joint ventures and others.
Scott has initiated and executed investments, acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, partnerships, product lines, and a variety of other development efforts to create value for companies. Scott’s broad experience assists in creating ideas that carryover across the continuum of care. Scott’s leadership experience includes:
- Chief Development Officer, Center for Diagnostic Imaging
- Senior Vice President of Strategy and Development, Insight Health Services Corp.
- Chief Development Officer and VP of Finance, American Health Imaging
- Board Member, Alliance Interventional (2015-2019)
- Emeritus Board Member, University of North Dakota College of Business and Public Administration advisory board.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, University of North Dakota
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of North Dakota.