About Beth Sidlow
Beth is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker utilizing an integrative approach working with consumers across the lifespan, facing diverse mental health/substance use/co-occurring/end of life challenges, who are in crisis, or who have experienced abuse, trauma, or traumatic loss. Certified and trained in the use of strengths- and evidence-based, crisis, trauma-focused/ informed, mindfulness-based, expressive, and movement modalities.
Education and Certification
- Masters of Social Work, Monmouth University
- Experience working with adult, adolescent, child, family, and geriatric populations across presentations, with special expertise in trauma, anxiety, depression, substance abuse, isolative and maladaptive behaviors, and suicidality in: Inpatient Behavioral Health, PESS, IOP, PHP, OP, residential, school (K-12) and community settings.
- Assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and talk therapy utilizing an integrative approach, incorporating evidence-based and trauma-informed interventions, solution-focused and strengths-based concepts, expressive and movement modalities, experiential and mindfulness-based interventions and models in agency, school and community settings
- Group work with, outreach to, and case management for consumers presenting with persistent mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, in crisis, and/or with suicidal ideation or history, at risk of hospitalization, in multidisciplinary team settings with special emphasis on crisis assessment and intervention, stabilization, trauma-focused care, mindfulness, impulse control and anger management, readjustment, suicide prevention, and connection to referrals and resources.
- Group work in school, community and psychiatric group home settings serving youth, adults, families, and school personnel utilizing National Child Traumatic Stress
Why are you passionate about providing mental healthcare?
Beth believes in the dignity and right to happiness and fulfillment for all. She believes we all hold the answers to our struggles and need a little help from time-to-time fleshing them out.