About Courtney Donner
Courtney’s approach begins with the belief that individuals are resilient and may benefit from utilizing their own strengths to increase their resilience. Individuals often ask, “How do I build on my personal strengths?” Courtney’s philosophy is that it is about identifying several factors; What you are passionate about? What motivates you? What interests allow you to be excited about today and look forward to tomorrow?
Identification of these variables assist in attaining lifestyle balance, developing healthy coping skills, recognizing your priorities and problem solving. In consort these elements increase resilience and self-reliance helping us to bounce back faster when confronted with problems. Situations, emotions, relationship dynamics and addictions can all seem unmanageable at times but there are many types of therapies that can increase our ability to recover and feel like ourselves again.
Education and Certification
- Brookdale Community College: AA Social Sciences 1998
- University of Miami: BA Psychology/English 2003
- Monmouth University: MS Mental Health Counseling with a specialization in Marriage and Family Therapy 2015
- Chi Sigma Iota Honors Society Member
- NBCC- National Board Certified Counselor
- LCADC- Licensed Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor -credentialed intern
- LPC- Licensed Professional Counselor
Interests include; working with seniors, family therapy, disaster relief, intellectual disabilities, and dual diagnosis relationship.
Why are you passionate about providing mental healthcare?
I am passionate about improving the human condition, creating positive experiences for people to feel competent in impacting their environment and helping people advocate for themselves to the best of their own ability. I am passionate about guiding and assisting others in being the best version of themselves.