About Emily Coyle
Emily Coyle is a board-certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP-BC) with training and experience treating patients with various psychiatric disorders across the lifespan. She is well-versed in psychopharmacology and utilizes an integrative approach that includes medication, therapy, patient education, and referrals for non-pharmacological options for treatment such as TMS.
Other experience includes collaborating with multidisciplinary teams across different settings, including inpatient, outpatient, and long-term psychiatric units. Emily’s background includes extensive hands-on experience working as a psychiatric nurse for several years in the inpatient setting.
Education and Certifications
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certification, ANCC, 2020
- Fairleigh Dickinson University, 2016-2020, Master of Science in Nursing
- Thomas Edison State University, 2014-2016, Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bergen Community College, 2011-2013, Associate of Science in Nursing
- Fairfield University, 2006-2010, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Upon graduating from Fairleigh Dickinson, Emily was awarded the Henry P. Becton Excellence in Nursing Award for highest cumulative GPA, and consistently excelling in the clinical setting and providing nursing care in a caring, responsible and compassionate manner
Why are you passionate about providing mental healthcare?
I’ve known since my high school psychology course that I wanted to have a career in mental health, and went on to major in psychology as an undergrad. I went into nursing with the intention of focusing on psychiatric nursing, and it was my goal early on to earn my Master’s degree and become a nurse practitioner so that I could affect change at a higher level. Despite the great strides we have made in mental healthcare, there is still much work to be done to spread awareness, eliminate the stigma, and make psychiatric care more available and normalized.