About Hawa Koroma
Hawa received her Master of Arts degree in Counseling at Kean University in 2016 and specialized in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. She has a post-graduate certificate in the area of School Counseling. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor for the state of New Jersey and a Certified School Counselor in New Jersey and Georgia. In addition, Hawa received a certification as a Mental Health Screener through Rutgers Behavioral Healthcare in 2018. She has practiced as a licensed counselor for six years in outpatient settings, community outreach case management programs, hospitals, and high schools. In addition, she has four years of experience working as a mobile crisis counselor and a psychiatric emergency room clinician, where she completed intakes and assessments to determine treatment outcomes.
Education and Certification
- Master of Arts in Counseling: Clinical Mental Health Counseling at Kean University (2016)
- Post-Graduate Certificate: School Counseling at Kean University (2019)
- Chi Sigma Iota Honor Society
- Kean Counseling Alumni Unite
- American Counseling Association
- National Board for Certified Counselors
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Professional Counselor- NJ (2020)
- Certified School Counselor- NJ (2019)
- Certified School Counselor- GA (2020)
- National Certified Counselor (2016)
- Certified Mental Health Screener (2018)
Why are you passionate about providing mental healthcare?
Hawa believes mental health wellness is a proactive process of balancing needs. All individuals can develop inner strengths, effective coping skills, advantages at completing goals, heightened self-esteem, and a sense of control in their lives. She takes pride in practicing self-care and modeling positive behaviors in her spare time. Hawa is passionate about giving back to her community and spreading mental health awareness.