About Michael McBrearty
Non-judgmental, treating everyone with dignity, respect and compassion. Michael believes in building a trusting relationship in a place that is safe. His therapy approach combines cognitive-behavioral, motivational interviewing and mindfulness-based approaches.
Education and Certifications
- New Jersey Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, License #44SC05958400
- 2020 New York Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- The University of the State of New York Education Department Office of the Professions, License # 081890-1, 2022
- Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor, Master Counselor
- The State of New York Office of Addiction Services and Supports, Credential #26213
- 2021 Recipient of the ASBCC Scholarship
- Rutgers University, 1997
Why are you passionate about providing mental healthcare?
Michael’s path started in college when he decided to switch majors and go into the ‘helping field’ of Social Work so that he could help others.