Trauma is a very common problem that may impact your life in devastating ways. It is something that can impact any individual at any time. Trauma can take so many forms that it can be a challenge to recognize where it’s coming from or what caused it. Thankfully, the best trauma therapist Cherry Hill NJ has to offer may help in your recovery. By understanding this type of treatment, you give yourself the best chance of overcoming the impact of trauma and create a healing environment. So don’t ignore these benefits and call a professional if you have experienced trauma. Harmony Bay Wellness offers a wide variety of therapeutic services because we understand each individual’s experiences are unique. Thus, we can provide the necessary treatment to identify, cope, and overcome traumatic mental health issues.
How Trauma Affects a Person
Trauma is a problem that has spread to a large number of the population – around 61 percent of men and 51 percent of women report at least one – often more – traumatic events in their lives. And approximately 90 percent of all people with depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses have experienced some form of trauma. When a person experiences such an event, their body and mind react in many ways:
- Fear – Excessive fear during a traumatic event may cause a person to experience nausea, confusion, agitation, and a fight-or-flight response.
- Depression – Trauma is often tied to life-or-death situations that can be very upsetting and which may cost somebody’s life.
- Denial – Often, many people going through trauma therapy report that they tried to deny what happened or dreamed about an event that pre-dated the trauma.
- Health problems – Some people who experience trauma may experience heart-related issues, weight loss, and much more that may require trauma medication.
- Emotional imbalance – Traumatic events may cause a person to develop unbalanced emotions that may require the help of a trauma psychiatrist.
All of these issues make a trauma therapist Cherry Hill NJ specialist critical for a person’s recovery. These experts fully understand the types of emotional concerns that may occur after trauma. And trauma psychiatry takes on all of these factors, including the potential of PTSD, to help a person overcome their fears and become a happier and healthier person.
Ways a Trauma Therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ Can Help
If you want to work with a trauma therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, it is essential to know what kind of services they provide. These professionals have been trained to execute a wide variety of care options that will give you the best chance of recovery. They include:
- Talk therapy that gets to the root of your trauma
- Group treatment that provides a caring environment
- Family therapy that gets your loved ones involved
- Behavioral adjustments that help you cope with trauma’s aftermath
By working through trauma in these treatment programs and therapies, individuals can learn new, positive ways to approach their mental health. As you can see, the best trauma therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, can help steer you out of the dangers of trauma and into a happier and healthier life. So don’t hesitate to work with one of our experts.
Reach Out to Us Today
The benefits of a trauma therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, should be evident to you by now. And if you want help from one of these specialists, please call 855.765.6399 to reach out to us at Harmony Bay Wellness today. We have worked for years on these types of cases and fully understand how trauma can affect you. So when you contact us, you can get scheduled with a counselor who will walk you back from trauma’s door.