Conflicts are a common occurrence in family life. Families evolve over time and it can be extremely difficult to adjust to the changes. Family conflict and family dysfunction affect each member of the family differently and can be highly disruptive. Families should be a safe place and a source of love and support. This is not to say that families will always get along, there will be disagreements along the way. When disagreements, arguing, and conflict become the norm, family therapy in South Jersey can help. Working through conflicts, listening to one another, and finding common ground can be therapeutic and can work to strengthen the family unit.
WHAT ARE COMMON REASONS TO SEEK FAMILY THERAPY?
Some of the most common family issues can include:
- Issues relating to sexuality
- Gambling addiction
- Drug and alcohol addiction
- Lack of family cohesion
- Major life transitions such as moving or parental divorce
- Children growing up or moving out
- Financial issues
- Aging parents
- Unemployment or financial problems
- Death of a loved one
- Family disagreements or arguments
- Health concerns of a family member
- Mental health difficulties of a family member
- Natural disasters
- Lack of trust or respect among family members
What are the Signs of Family Issues?
Signs that the family is experiencing issues that may benefit from family therapy include:
- Frequent arguing
- Recurrent disagreements
- Avoidance of family members and conversations
- Physical conflict
- Breakdowns in communication
- Anger when trying to communicate
If your family is struggling with any of the symptoms of family issues listed above, it’s time to find help with NJ therapy services at the family therapy treatment center.
WHAT’S INVOLVED IN TREATMENT FOR FAMILY ISSUES?
When one or more family members experience challenging or difficult times, it can affect the entire family unit. Family therapy in NJ can assist with communication difficulties, coping with recent changes, providing the space to process any difficulties, and ultimately increase connection among the family. Our clinicians at Harmony Bay Wellness utilize various types of family therapy modalities including:
- Structural Family Therapy (SFT): Structural Family Therapy focuses on power dynamics within the family unit including the ‘roles’ each family member plays within the family unit. SFT prioritizes empowering each family member, focus on the interactions between family members and grow stronger as a family unit.
- Functional Family Therapy (FFT): Functional Family Therapy prioritizes increasing motivation, changing unhealthy behavior patterns and generalizing changes to the home environment.
- Strategic Family Therapy (SFT): Strategic Family Therapy focuses on examining family relational problems and problem-solving ways to strengthen the family unit. SFT prioritizes family skill-building through effective communication.
WHAT OTHER THERAPEUTIC SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT HARMONY BAY WELLNESS?
Located in Clementon, New Jersey, Harmony Bay Wellness offers individualized treatment that brings you back to your inner spirit, a healthier mindset and physical wellness. Along with family therapy, we also offer:
- Group therapy
- Couples therapy
- Individual therapy
- Telehealth services