Everyone experiences occasional anxiety due to everyday life. People with anxiety disorders, however, tend to experience intense, excessive, and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. When these feelings reach extremes, they can result in an anxiety attack or panic attack. These feelings often interfere with an individual’s everyday activities and can be difficult to control without proper care and treatment from holistic mental health therapy programs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anxiety
How Does A Person Develop Anxiety?
Anxiety can stem from many things. Also, it can come from a traumatic experience, a side effect from a medication, or even stem from an underlying medical condition. In addition, some conditions your doctor may have you pay attention to for anxiety symptoms include:
- Heart disease
- Thyroid problems, such as hyperthyroidism
- Respiratory disorders, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma
- Drug misuse or withdrawal
- Withdrawal from alcohol, anti-anxiety medications (benzodiazepines) or other medications
- Chronic pain or irritable bowel syndrome
- Rare tumors that produce certain fight-or-flight hormones
All of which can have caused anxiety as a side effect from the condition. Also, it’s important to talk to your doctor about the signs and symptoms of anxiety so you can be aware if you are facing it and seek mental health therapy services if necessary.
What Are Common Symptoms of Anxiety?
There are many telling signs that a person may be suffering from more than just normal, everyday anxiety. In addition, these signs could tell you if you have an anxiety disorder that needs to be treated.
Common anxiety signs and symptoms include:
- Feeling nervous, restless or tense
- Having a sense of impending danger, panic or doom
- Having an increased heart rate
- Breathing rapidly (hyperventilation)
- Feeling weak or tired
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
- Having trouble sleeping
- Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problem
- Having difficulty controlling worry
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
What’s Involved In Anxiety Treatment Programs?
Getting the help you need to overcome your anxiety is a process. Also, not all types of treatment programs and therapies work for everyone. It’s important to understand that treatment takes time and you will have to try things out to find what works best for you.
During treatment, your doctor may prescribe you medications to help ease symptoms of anxiety. On the other hand, holistic treatment methods may work better for you. This could include things like talk therapy, yoga, and meditation. In addition, it’s all a matter of trial and error combined with patience to see what will be best for your recovery process. Once you do find what treatment works best for you, recovery will be achievable.
What Are The Next Steps For Getting Help With Anxiety?
If you are looking for anxiety treatment for you or a loved one, Harmony Bay Wellness is here to help. In addition, our professional staff is dedicated to helping you find the right treatment that works for you and get you on the path to recovery. We pride ourselves in giving you the care you deserve.
Some of our treatment programs include:
- Behavioral health services
- Traditional psychiatric services
- Psychiatric evaluation and consultation
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Medication therapy management
Don’t let anxiety ruin your life. Call Harmony Bay Wellness today at 855.765.6399 to learn more about our programs and get the help you need to live a better life.