Individual therapy is the process of meeting with a trained professional one-on-one in a safe, and nurturing space. Individual therapy typically takes place in a therapist’s office and sessions are between 45 minutes to an hour. The first few individual sessions may be focused on the therapist gaining insight into your history and current chief complaint. Individual therapy also has a strong focus on building rapport, trust, and a positive connection among both parties.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF INDIVIDUAL THERAPY AT HARMONY BAY WELLNESS?
Individual therapy is an important and helpful treatment modality for many concerns including mental health difficulties, substance abuse, and relationship difficulties. Individual therapy has been shown to have many benefits including:
- Private and individual setting to share personal struggles and difficulties
- Increase insight and awareness
- Increase communication and socialization skills
- Learn tools to tolerate stress
- Problem solve through difficult situations
- Process emotions and feelings
- Feel empowered and establish a sense of independence and confidence
WHAT INDIVIDUAL TREATMENT MODALITIES ARE PROVIDED AT HARMONY BAY WELLNESS?
At Harmony Bay, we prioritize use of Evidenced Based Practices (EBP) in individual therapy that have been empirically shown to help those with mental health and substance use concerns. Some EBP treatment modalities we use include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
If you or a loved one are considering our services, Harmony Bay Wellness can help.
WHAT OTHER THERAPEUTIC SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT HARMONY BAY WELLNESS?
Located in South New Jersey, Harmony Bay Wellness offers individualized treatment that brings you back to your inner spirit, a healthier mindset and physical wellness. Along with individual therapy, we also offer: