Vivitrol (Naltrexone for extended-release) is a once-monthly injectable medication that can be prescribed to individuals with Opiate Use Disorder (OUD) or Alcohol Use Disorder (AUD). At Harmony Bay Wellness Vivitrol assisted treatment medication is administered by a licensed medical professional once every month in a private and confidential setting. Vivitrol in conjunction with counseling and behavioral therapy, can greatly reduce relapse and improve sustained recovery.
HOW DOES VIVITROL WORK?
For individuals with Opiate Use Disorder:
- Vivitrol is an opioid antagonist. Vivitrol blocks the effects of opiates when used therefore reducing cravings and desire to use.
For individuals with Alcohol Use Disorder:
- Vivitrol works on the pleasure center in the brain and acts to reduce cravings for alcohol by uncoupling the pleasure or reward one’s brain receives with alcohol consumption. Vivitrol also suppresses the euphoria and pleasurable sensations of alcohol when consumed which makes continued use less desirable.
HOW DO I KNOW IF VIVITROL IS RIGHT FOR ME?
At Harmony Bay Wellness, we evaluate each individual by completing a variety evaluations and assessments to determine the best treatment options available. Vivitrol must be prescribed, monitored, and administered by an appropriate medical professional. Prior to initiating Vivitrol assisted treatment at Harmony Bay Wellness, you will be asked to complete some or all of the following;
- Psychiatric Evaluation and drug or alcohol assessment
- Drug and alcohol drug screen in NJ: Must be opioid-free for 7-10 days prior to starting Vivitrol due to risk of precipitated withdrawal
- Blood Work: Vivitrol is not advised for pregnant women or persons with significant liver function issues
- Sensitivity Test: Taking oral Naltrexone for a short period of time to ensure you don’t have any reactions to the medication
To learn more about Vivitrol and other medication assisted treatments, contact Harmony Bay Wellness today.
WHAT OTHER THERAPEUTIC SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT HARMONY BAY WELLNESS?
Located in Southern New Jersey, Harmony Bay Wellness offers individualized treatment that brings you back to your inner spirit, a healthier mindset and physical wellness. Along with medication-assisted treatment, we also offer:
- Telehealth services
- Medication management in NJ
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Mental health therapy services for various conditions
Find out what sets Harmony Bay Wellness’ NJ medication assisted treatment program apart from other mental health facilities. Call Harmony Bay Wellness at 855.765.6399 for Vivitrol assisted treatment in New Jersey.