Everyone experiences occasional anxiety due to everyday life. People with anxiety disorders, however, tend to experience intense, excessive and persistent worry and fear about everyday situations. When these feelings reach extremes, they can result in an anxiety attack or panic attack. These feelings often interfere with an individual’s everyday activities and can be difficult to control without proper psychiatric counseling services in New Jersey.
Frequently Asked Questions About Anxiety
How Does A Person Develop Anxiety?
Anxiety can stem from many things. It can come from a traumatic experience, a side effect from a medication, or even stem from an underlying medical condition. Some conditions your doctor may have you pay attention to for anxiety symptoms include:
- Heart disease
- Thyroid problems, such as hyperthyroidism
- Respiratory disorders, such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma
- Drug misuse or withdrawal
- Withdrawal from alcohol, anti-anxiety medications (benzodiazepines) or other medications
- Chronic pain or irritable bowel syndrome
- Rare tumors that produce certain fight-or-flight hormones
All of which can have caused anxiety as a side effect from the condition. It’s important to talk to your doctor about the signs and symptoms of anxiety so you can be aware if you are facing it. Ideally, the next step would be an anxiety treatment center in New Jersey.