Sleep is a natural recurring state of rest. Sleep is vital and important for mood, memory, cognitive functioning, immune system, and the muscular system. One of the most common sleep disorders is called insomnia. Insomnia is characterized by dissatisfaction with the quality or quantity of sleep. About one-third of adults in the United States complain of insomnia symptoms. Sleep issues can affect many areas of a person’s life, including abilities to work, go to school, and socialize.
What Are Common Symptoms of Insomnia?
- Difficulties falling asleep: Those in need of treatment for insomnia may find themselves laying in bed for hours unable to sleep. This can lead to increased feelings of frustration, anxiety, and irritability.
- Difficulties staying asleep: Those with insomnia often express difficulties staying asleep. A common complaint is tossing and turning in bed in attempt to get comfortable and stay asleep.
- Mid-night awakenings: Many with insomnia may complain of waking up in the middle of the night. This can be a one-time occurrence or waking up multiple times throughout the night.
- Early morning awakenings: Those struggling with insomnia may find themselves waking up early in the morning prior to their alarm going off.
What’s Involved in Treatment for Insomnia?
Insomnia can be treated with individual and group mental health therapy services. Individual therapy can assist in providing a safe place to process sleep concerns, identify patterns leading to sleep difficulties and learning skills to assist with sleep.
Group therapy can also serve to provide education on sleep hygiene and skills to assist in sleep.
Medication regimens are another treatment option for insomnia. Sleep medications may be considered to assist with falling asleep, staying asleep, and feeling rested upon waking up.
What Are My Next Steps in Getting Help with Insomnia?
When you’re looking for the best insomnia treatment New Jersey provides, look no further than Harmony Bay Wellness. Our professionals are dedicated to not only helping all clients live productive lives, but they’re also advocates for reversing the stigma of mental illness in the country. We are proud to provide a variety of mental health treatment services in South Jersey to give our patients the care and support they need and deserve.
Our diverse mental health treatments include:
- Psychiatric evaluations
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Telehealth services
- Integrative wellness services
Don’t continue to let insomnia disrupt you or your loved one’s life. Call Harmony Bay Wellness today at 855.765.6399. We look forward to helping you.