The low self esteem treatment center in New Jersey defines self-esteem as a person’s thoughts and feelings about their worth, abilities, and value. Self-esteem can develop and fluctuate regularly based on various factors including:
- Past Experiences: Our past experiences, including the things we don’t usually think about, can continue to impact our daily life and our self-esteem. Trauma, childhood upbringing and stressful events including parental divorce or moving can significantly affect self-worth and value.
- Expectations: The expectations of our present and future can also impact our self-esteem and self-worth. Career, educational and gender expectations can play a large role in confidence and how we see ourselves.
- Society and Media: Societal and media depictions can lead to unrealistic standards of health, relationships, body image, and happiness. Social media platforms can lead to feelings of inadequacy, comparison, and decreased confidence.
Contact Harmony Bay Wellness for help at the low self esteem treatment center in New Jersey.
WHAT ARE COMMON SYMPTOMS OF LOW SELF-ESTEEM?
About 85% of those in the United States struggle with low self-esteem. Low self-esteem can affect those at any age and is most common among younger adults. Those with low self-esteem may present with various symptoms including:
- Anxiety and stress
- Depression and sadness
- Isolation and withdrawing from others
- Increased irritability and/or hostility
- Impaired academic and/or job performance
- Impaired sleep and/or appetite
- Vulnerability to drugs or alcohol to self-soothe/connect with others
- Damaged or strained relationships
Working on rebuilding and strengthening self-esteem is important to achieve optimal wellness, stability, and happiness.
WHAT’S INVOLVED AT THE LOW SELF ESTEEM TREATMENT CENTER?
Low self-esteem is not always easy to recognize. Those with low self-esteem may appear externally as happy, fulfilled, and successful, but may be struggling internally or terrified of failure. Professionals at the low self esteem treatment center in New Jersey helps us recognize common symptoms. Treatment for identifying and increasing self-esteem can include individual and group therapy programs in NJ. Individual and group therapy services may incorporate Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) techniques and education aimed to identify negative self-talk, disprove your inner critic, practice self-compassion, and implement positive self-talk.
WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS IN GETTING HELP FOR LOW SELF-ESTEEM?
When you’re looking for the best low self esteem treatment center in New Jersey, look no further than Harmony Bay Wellness. Our professionals are dedicated to not only helping all clients live productive lives, but they’re also advocates for reversing the stigma of mental illness in the country. We are proud to provide a variety of mental health treatment services in South Jersey to give our patients the care and support they need and deserve.
Our diverse mental health treatments include:
- Clinical mental health therapies
- Psychiatric evaluations in NJ
- South Jersey intensive outpatient programs
- Telehealth services
- Integrative wellness services
Don’t continue to let low self-esteem disrupt you or your loved one’s life. Call Harmony Bay Wellness today at 855.765.6399. We look forward to helping you.