The experiences we have throughout our lives play a big role in shaping what we become. When those experiences are traumatic, it may lead to the development of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If you’ve been through that kind of trauma, it may still play out through atypical behaviors and emotional reactions you display in daily life. It may help to receive treatment from a PTSD therapist near Berlin, NJ. You will find that kind of assistance offered through Harmony Bay Wellness.
How Does PTSD Develop?
PTSD is a common occurrence in soldiers returning home from some form of combat. You could also develop PTSD because of abuse sustained in a relationship, from surviving a terrible accident or witnessing the sudden death of a loved one. People don’t react the same to experiences.
The first step in properly diagnosing your condition is by seeking treatment from a mental health professional like a PTSD therapist near Berlin, NJ. You should also undergo a full physical exam to make sure your symptoms aren’t the result of another undiagnosed illness.
What Are Some Common Symptoms of PTSD?
PTSD symptoms differ from person to person. You may need help from a PTSD psychiatrist or therapist near Berlin, NJ if you often experience any of the following symptoms of PTSD:
- Have an outward physical reaction to specific situations
- Constantly have angry outbursts
- Put yourself in dangerous situations
- Have trouble sleeping
- Avoid situations that remind you of an event
- Find yourself flooded with traumatic memories when you experience a trigger event
- Feel a constant flow of negative emotions like fear, guilt, or shame
- Have constant flashbacks to traumatic experiences
You could benefit from treatment by a PTSD therapist near Berlin, NJ if these symptoms are interfering with your ability to live normally.
What’s Involved in PTSD Treatment?
It takes time to stabilize your mind and emotions enough to handle dealing with your experiences. At Harmony Bay Wellness, we put you in contact with PTSD therapists skilled at helping patients overcome trauma and learn to function normally in daily life.
We use evidence-based therapies in combination with a holistic approach that takes your individual needs into account. Besides psychotherapy, many patients benefit from the help of medication-assisted treatment when substance abuse is also present. You could find some much-needed relief from the most severe effects of your PTSD symptoms as you heal and grow.
A PTSD psychiatrist can also help with PTSD medication management to reduce symptoms. PTSD psychiatry and therapy services are used together to manage and prevent mental illness.
What Are The Next Steps in Getting PTSD Therapy?
Harmony Bay Wellness offers patients the chance to find true recovery and heal from past events. Top mental health professionals lead all programs and therapies with the experience needed to help you change your life. You can move forward, become productive, and find some form of happiness.
- Telehealth services: Access is vital to healing from trauma. So we provide all clients with virtual or remote counseling if they desire it through video conferencing and other secure technologies.
- Integrated wellness services: Some of the therapies and practices in treating both mental health issues and substance use disorder are those that look to heal the whole person mind, body, and soul. Therefore, we provide various holistic treatments.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): For individuals who know they need and desire support to improve their mental health but can’t make the time commitment to a residential program, IOP is an excellent option. Here, individuals receive the same quality of treatment but built around their schedule and with the ability to return to their home after sessions.
- Individual therapy services: Working one-on-one with counselors and therapists is often a fruitful way to resolve issues.
- Group therapy services: Sometimes, working with others, hearing their stories, and getting their advice provides just the support and insight individuals need to heal.
Our goal is to help you find a place of healing that will let you become the best version of yourself. Find out more about our programs and therapies by contacting Harmony Bay Wellness at 855.765.6399.