Mental health issues can sometimes begin as small issues but then bloom into more serious ones. Often, individuals will ignore mental health issues assuming they will go away on their own. However, like physical illness, mental illness rarely heals on its own and when left untreated usually becomes more severe and debilitating for the individual. Thus, it’s vital to seek professional help when you or a loved one is experiencing any kind of persistent mood disorder such as anxiety or depression. One mood disorder that requires professional treatment so individuals can live an unencumbered life is bipolar disorder. Bipolar disorder is a problem that affects millions of people. Often it requires the help of psychiatry, medication therapy, and other therapists to manage its symptoms. As a result, it is critical to understand the impact of this problem and how a bipolar disorder therapist Cherry Hill NJ can help you.
Types of Bipolar
Bipolar disorder is not a singular condition but a series of illnesses that can affect people in different ways. Typically, all three will trigger changes in mood and energy levels. When a person is manic, they’ll be very excitable, happy, and full of energy. And when they are depressive, they will be sluggish, sad, and struggle to finish their day-to-day tasks. The differences in the three common types of bipolar disorder include:
- Bipolar I Disorder – Usually has manic episodes that last seven days and which alternate with depressive symptoms that go on for two weeks or more – some may experience mixed symptoms that may confuse their psychiatry care at first
- Bipolar II Disorder – Features a similar pattern of depressive and manic episodes as bipolar I disorder, but the mania is usually less intense – for example, those with this disorder may not need medical care during their manic times but a therapist who can help them stay focused
- Cyclothymic Disorder – This condition triggers both manic and depressive symptoms for at least two years but not at an intensive enough intensity to meet the other conditions above – often, this problem goes undiagnosed for years and requires specialized therapy to manage
Thankfully, most people get diagnosed with these problems during their early adulthood and get treatment, such as medications, that can balance their moods. However, others may ignore the symptoms for years and end up needing a bipolar disorder therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, later in life.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
If you have yet to see a bipolar disorder therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, you may not know if you have this condition or not. Common symptoms of bipolar disorder include:
- Feelings of being happy and excited – you cannot control these emotions
- Sudden feelings of depression and sluggishness that linger
- Changes in mood that can make your life very difficult
- Sleep troubles and a lack of appetite
- Talking very quickly or very slowly
- Racing thoughts and ideas
- Trouble with concentration
- Feeling worthless or disgusting
- Inability to control your actions
All of these symptoms indicate a real risk of bipolar disorder that requires treatment with a therapist to manage. By getting medication to help yourself, you can learn how to control your emotions. Further, you can stay happy and focused through this condition.
Benefits of a Bipolar Disorder Therapist in Cherry Hill NJ
If you believe that you need psychiatry help for bipolar disorder, contact us at Harmony Bay Wellness. We provide outpatient behavioral health management that works for your bipolar disorder therapist Cherry Hill NJ needs. Our experts can provide you with medication, drug and addiction screening, behavioral adjustment, individual psychotherapy, and much more 855.765.6399. And we will fight to help you regain the balance that your life deserves.