Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a health problem that impacts millions of people. It is one that can occur under many unique circumstances. As a result, PTSD therapy often requires the help of a PTSD therapist Cherry Hill NJ residents can trust to have their best needs in mind. Understanding this condition and the benefits of a PTSD psychiatrist can help give you the insight you need to be happy and healthy. Fortunately, Harmony Bay Wellness understands the scope and depth of post-traumatic stress disorder. Thus, we offer individuals struggling with the condition numerous therapeutic options. We do so because we know the condition is unique from individual to individual but everyone deserves support to heal and recover.
Causes of PTSD
Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a severe mental health problem that occurs when an individual experiences a very shocking moment in their life. This moment triggers a series of symptoms that can include depression, anxiety, flashbacks to the event, and much more. For instance, many different things can cause PTSD, including:
- Time spent in wartime and battles – this condition was first called shell shock after WWI
- The loss of a loved one after a prolonged illness or a sudden death
- A frightening accident that nearly takes a person’s life or causes severe damage
- The end of a romantic relationship that was very important and long-lasting
- Mental health problems, such as schizophrenia, that trigger traumatic situations
The events that cause post-traumatic stress disorder can be from an individual’s past or have occurred to them recently. The event is so jarring that various triggers (usually unknown to the individual) bring the anger, fear, or horror back to them in such a vivid manner they are unable to function normally. The critical thing to remember about this condition is that there is no one triggering factor or one treatment that works. What may cause PTSD in one person may be easy for another to tolerate. As a result, it is vital to keep an open mind about this situation when it develops. And visiting a PTSD therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, is just as important as a way of mitigating these emotions.
Ways a PTSD Therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, Can Help
If a traumatic event has occurred in your life, you may want to work with a PTSD therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ, to get the help that you need. These professionals can diagnose what caused your PTSD and come up with a care option that works. Conventional treatments that many people use when going through this type of care include:
- PTSD medication – Some medicines, such as antidepressants, can help to manage the side effects of PTSD
- Talk therapy – Psychotherapy with a high-quality counselor can help to walk you back from PTSD
- Group sessions – Many people need support after PTSD and group sessions can help
- Exposure treatment – Some people must face their fears to overcome PTSD
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy – This treatment can teach better coping mechanisms for PTSD symptoms
These therapies, and many more, are all available at most options for a PTSD therapist in Cherry Hill, NJ. As a result, you need to decide which therapist you want to see. By working with these professionals, you can ensure that you are happy and free of the dangers of PTSD.
We Can Help You
If you want to work with the best PTSD therapist Cherry Hill NJ has to offer, please call 855.765.6399 today to learn more. At Harmony Bay Wellness, we provide a calming atmosphere and understand how PTSD takes over your life and will do what we can to help. So please contact us today to learn more about how our dedicated staff can help you with PTSD psychiatry.