A personality disorder impacts the way a person thinks and feels about themselves and others. It can lead to complex problems in day-to-day life. For those with a personality disorder near Collinswood, NJ, our team at Harmony Bay Wellness can help. We offer programs designed to support your best outcome, including working with your family to maximize results.
Do You Have a Personality Disorder?
People who have a personality disorder find it impacts everyday life in multiple ways. That includes developing self-image problems, trouble managing behavior, and difficulty with emotions. It also makes maintaining healthy relationships difficult. Many people have a significant fear of being alone, even expressing anger and impulsiveness improperly.
While having a personality disorder is difficult, there is help available to be effective and controlling symptoms. That’s where our personality disorder psychiatry services can help. We offer a range of services that may help, including:
- Intensive outpatient program
- Integrative wellness services
- Medication-assisted treatment solutions
- TMS therapy programs
When you work with our personality disorder therapist, an individualized treatment plan is created for you. That type of plan may include personality disorder medication as well as talk therapy. Together, this can significantly improve outcomes.
How Your Family Plays a Role in Personality Disorder Therapy
Once you’re established in a personality disorder therapy plan, the next step is to overcome the challenges you face. For many people, this relates to family. Family can be a source of frustration and aggravation. It can also be one of the strongest support systems for improvement. Thus, the importance of family therapy.
Welcoming family into therapy offers a range of potential benefits. Here, they will learn about the disorder and work with you and the personality disorder psychiatrist to build a strong support system. This may include:
- Learning the Symptoms of the Disorder: Family can be the first line of defense when spotting symptoms of a worsening condition. They can recognize the need for added treatment or reach out to a personality disorder therapist for support.
- Providing Effective Support: This may include knowing how to handle intense or highly stressful moments. They may also learn how to provide support for high-risk situations.
- Help You Maintain Treatment: Continued access to treatment is a critical factor for many. Family can help you maintain continued care. This may include reducing missed appointments.
Family is just one component of the therapy process. Yet, if you live with these people, they need to understand and know how to support you through treatment. That’s something that’s learned in therapy.
Getting Help for a Personality Disorder Near Collingswood, NJ
The personality disorder psychiatry services we offer provide education, treatment, support, and ongoing care for you. With treatment, it is possible to improve quality of life and, over time, enjoy a satisfying, happy lifestyle. The key is to work closely with a therapist to make that possible.
Keep the following in mind:
- Personality disorder therapy is only effective when fully embraced.
- Utilize your therapist to aid in overcoming family complications or disagreements.
- Include family that matters to you in therapy. It’s about quality, not quantity.
- Express yourself to your therapist when a family member isn’t conducive to healing.
- Recognize not every relationship can improve. Not everyone will understand.
Family is one component of the care you need. With personality disorder therapy and the right environment, it’s possible to enjoy a better life quality.
Reach Out to Harmony Bay Wellness for Support Today
Those seeking help for a personality disorder near Collinswood, NJ, put our team at Harmony Bay Wellness to work for you. We work closely with you to ensure comprehensive support through our personality disorder psychiatry program. Learn more when you call 855.765.6399 or connect with us online.