Anxiety is something many people feel when navigating through life. When it gets to the point where those feelings start impacting how you live, you could be suffering from something more serious. Individuals living with a true anxiety disorder find themselves confronting feelings of worry and fear to an excessive degree. It’s hard to get the condition under control without help from an anxiety therapist near Blackwood, NJ.
Contact Harmony Bay Wellness to learn more techniques about dealing with anxiety as well as other mental health issues. We offer a wide range of therapies and programs to address the needs of clients and help them heal and maintain positive mental health.
How Do People Develop Anxiety?
There’s no reason for anxiety to develop in individuals. People may develop anxiety as a reaction to a stressful situation from their past. Others develop phobias around specific objects or life situations. The problems start when your emotions overwhelm you in a way that is disproportionate to the event at hand.
Anxiety can develop from another physical condition. It’s often recommended that those suffering from anxiety symptoms have a physical check-up to rule out any other health problems, including:
- Heart Disease
- Respiratory issues
- Problems with your thyroid
- Tumors causing fluctuations in your hormones
A qualified anxiety therapist near Blackwood, NJ, could help you develop tools that help you deal with your fears. Harmony Bay Wellness offers patients the opportunity to be seen by some of the most qualified anxiety medical professionals in the region.
To get an idea of whether or not you or a loved one need treatment for an anxiety disorder, consider taking our self-evaluation and reaching out to us.
What Are Some Common Signs of an Anxiety Disorder?
You should receive a thorough evaluation from an anxiety therapist near Blackwood, NJ if you persistently experience any of the following symptoms:
- Nervousness or fear when thinking about a situation or object
- Feel your heart rate increasing
- Start breathing heavily
- Have constant feelings of doom
- Start developing sleep disorders
- Begin avoiding situations that may trigger your symptoms
What Do Anxiety Treatment Programs Involve?
Harmony Bay Wellness anxiety treatment is geared towards treating the individual versus trying to fit patients into a specific box. Once an anxiety therapist evaluates you near Blackwood, NJ, they work to develop an appropriate treatment plan.
One form of treatment that shows promise in many patients is cognitive-behavioral therapy. It’s a form of psychotherapy that helps patients learn to deal with reality instead of their perception of what’s happening. They learn how to solve problems, which often helps in getting their emotions under control.
Some patients may benefit from participating in Harmony Bay Wellness’s medication management program for anxiety. Your anxiety psychiatrist can work with you to find the right prescription to control your anxiety symptoms. Our psychiatrists and therapists work together to do everything possible to help you get back to living life on your terms.
Find relief with therapy and psychiatric services for anxiety near Blackwood, NJ.
What Should My Next Steps Be in Treating Anxiety?
Contact Harmony Bay Wellness today and start receiving treatment from an anxiety therapist near Blackwood, NJ. We offer a wide array of treatment programs for patients, including:
- Psychiatric evaluations for patients: We provide comprehensive screening and consultation to get at the root of your mental health issues and to develop the most effective course of action.
- Medication-assisted treatment: For some individuals struggling with substance use disorder, it’s necessary to use medication to manage withdrawal symptoms and cravings so they can focus on the therapeutic side of their healing.
- Family therapy treatment: Family is a major factor in many people’s lives. How you relate to and how your family affects you, in turn, affects your mental health. This therapy allows everyone in the family to learn how to be supportive and healthy.
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP): This program allows individuals to get the treatment they need in a condensed form built around their schedule without entering a residential facility.
You don’t need to live the rest of your life in constant fear. There is help available if you wish to make a change in your life.