You’re a wonderfully unique individual. However, maybe you have more down days than happy days. Perhaps your worry and fear keep you from enjoying your day to day life. How do you know where your unique qualities end, and when abnormality begins? If you’ve found yourself wondering, “Do I need mental health treatment?” we have the answers. Call Harmony Bay today to learn more.
Do I Need Mental Health Treatment for My Depression?
Most people in the United States struggle with feeling sad once in a while. However, sometimes your sadness is more than a “sad feeling.” How do you know if your blue mood is a sign that you need depression treatment?
There are a few signs that you need depression treatment. These include:
- Has your overwhelming sadness lasted more than a few weeks?
- Are you less interested in activities that used to make you happy?
- Have you struggled with significant changes to your weight? In other words, have you suddenly began to overeat, or have you stopped eating?
- Do you have trouble sleeping, or do you spend an unusual amount of time sleeping?
- Do you feel restless, which makes it hard to work or relate to others?
- Are you always tired, or do you have increased fatigue?
- Do you struggle with feeling like you’re worthless, or do you feel hopeless?
- Do you have trouble concentrating, or are you indecisive?
- Have you struggled with thoughts of death, or have you considered suicide?
If these symptoms sound familiar, it may be time to seek treatment for your depression.
Do I Need Mental Health Treatment for My Anxiety?
Anxiety is one of the most common mental illnesses in the United States. However, it can be challenging to know when you’ve crossed the line between being worried and needing anxiety treatment. These signs can include:
- Your anxiety makes it difficult for you to engage in normal activities, such as socialization or education.
- You refuse to leave your home because you’re afraid of losing control of your anxiety.
- In order to avoid unpleasant encounters, you don’t talk about your concerns or desires.
- You have physical anxiety symptoms, such as shakiness and shortness of breath.
- Often you worry about the future, and your worries are greatly exaggerated.
- You refuse to take risks or seek new opportunities.
- You can’t stop worrying, and up until now, nothing is helping.
Anxiety symptoms can make your life challenging. You may feel like nothing can make your fears and stresses go away. However, therapy may be able to help.
Choose Harmony Bay Today
At Harmony Bay, we offer treatment for anxiety and depression. Because we know that many times, people turn to alcohol or drugs to control their symptoms, we also offer addiction treatment. We treat many disorders, including:
To learn more about our treatment programs, or to get the answer to the question, “Do I need mental health treatment?” call Harmony Bay today at 855.765.6399. We can help you overcome your mental health disorders and live a vibrant life.